I love these little brooches found on States of Nature.
The brooch is one of the oldest types of jewelry, evolving from the basic pin. Why on earth would you wear a brooch these days you ask? Here are a list of ideas to reinvent grandma's favorite accessory:
1. Wear a brooch to spice up your monochromatic work outfit, your Spring outerwear or your weekend teeshirt!
2. Wear a brooch to soften the hard lines of a suit jacket.
3. Wear a brooch on your solid colored sweater, sweet and lovely.
4. Wear a brooch on your wide head-band (be careful not to get the pin caught in your hair).
5. Wear a brooch on your purse, hat or even belt.
6. Wear a brooch as the pendant of your necklace.
7. Wear a brooch to hold your scarf together (scarves have been all the rage when wrapped multiple times around your neck...but spring is here...show a little neck!
If you like brooches, a great addition to your library would be Brooches: Timeless Adornment or if you are looking for more of a picture book you might try, 500 Brooches: Inspiring Adornments for the body.
And, while this story was all the rage a year ago, it is still very interesting to read about Madeleine Albright's brooch collection...wow, I'm certain she has thousands. Madeleine said that she likes brooches, rings and pendants that have something to say. I couldn't agree with her more!