Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy (almost) 2013!

Let your 2013 resolution be...To Stick With Your Resolutions!

I love a good New Year buzz! And no, not the kind that leaves me with a headache the next morning (although I’ve never met a mimosa I didn’t like!) I am talking about the energy, excitement, and over all “can-do” attitudes the New Year seems to inspire in even the most reluctant and defeated December souls. With this new found hope and energy people commit to all sorts of life-altering changes, for example they will join a gym, buy a bike or running shoes, eat healthier food, quit smoking, drink less, write consistently on their blogs (ah-hem), call their parents weekly, maybe even finish a project they put off the previous year…but phew, even reciting this list is tiring. How can we possibly accomplish all of our challenges throughout the New Year?

My wish is that for every difficult resolution you place in front of yourself, you commit to an equally important but less challenging task to go along with it. So, if you joined a gym, fantastic! Workout as much as you can but also implement other forms of exercise in your day-to-day life, like walking with a friend on your lunch break, take the stairs when you visit the mall, or hell, while you’re at a stop light practice your kegel exercises…28, 29, 30 (sorry guys!). The important focus here is follow through. Select a very doable task and resolve to stick with it!

I will let you in on a little secret; one of the aforementioned resolutions is mine, (“No mom, I’m not going to stop drinking my mimosas!”). I would like to be a more consistent blogger. This has been a difficult task for me given the time commitment it requires. Therefore, my doable exercise to go along with blogging more consistently is to jot down ideas (as SOON as I get them) in the notes section of my phone. I should have a stack of thoughts to pull from when I finally do sit down to write, voila!

Have a wonderful 2013 everyone and don’t hesitate to keep me posted on your progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment